Rock mens retro shirts UK way with a dash of British flairJanuary 18, 2020
Take virtual tours of the top brands for mens retro shirts UK style for inspiration by their rich heritage grace your wardrobe with something extra from these houses.
Mens retro shirts UK style are having a comeback moment, so find out which are the top UK fashion houses to explore for your source of these throwback pieces that will elevate your everyday wear today.
Heritage mens retro shirts UK brands
British menswear has set the standard in vintage men fashion options for decades and the influence is global.
For die-hard style aficionados, look no further than Savile Row, the historic home to custom-made suiting options for those who can afford it.
For vintage men footwear options, the Northamptonshire shoe dynasty set the standard for quality and excellence in design, style and durability.
And then there are the timeless vintage clothing styles like trench coats, combat boots and chinos, that originated from British military uniforms and now are pervasive in the fashion and style world.
Read on for the top heritage brands in the United Kingdom and globally, for classic high-quality vintage clothing, mens retro shirts UK style and designer options like Ralph Lauren and others of his fashion calibre.
Marks & Spencer
- Marks & Spencer: a British icon for mens retro shirts UK style, M&S started back in the 1800s in Leeds.
Expect high quality products for your money at this heritage department store, and look for a range of mens retro shirts UK style, from options inspired by vintage clothing all the way to modern spins in the trendy Autograph brand.
Look for coordinated suiting to go with your mens retro shirts UK style designed by the renowned and fashion-forward David Gandy.
Gieves & Hawkes
- Gieves & Hawkes: based in tony Savile Row, this fashion house is a revered establishment known for its tailoring, with a heritage based on military uniforms, with warrants from the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen of England.
Expect to find mens retro shirts UK style done the classic, timeless way, and perfect as investment pieces to add to a gentleman’s wardrobe.
- Burberry: as current and stylish today as it was back in 1879, Burberry’s is the place to find your mens retro shirts UK
They invented the waterproof Gabardine cotton coat worn by the first explorer to reach the South Pole in the early 1900s and their ability to stay ahead of the trends continues to this day.
They used the Gabardine fabrication for their iconic trench coats, a staple in every upper crust vintage clothing closet.
Burberry remains the cream of the crop of British labels, so look here for more investment pieces for your vintage men styling options.
- Cheaney: known primarily for its heritage shoe curation, this store offers you top-of-the-line footwear still manufactured in England, that mesh perfectly with your timeless mens retro shirts UK
- Ted Baker: established in 1987 as a standalone store selling vintage menshirts in Glasgow, Ted Baker is now a global fashion phenomenon.
In addition to being a primary source of mens retro shirts UK style, you will find off-beat services at these stores, including hair styling and wet shaving experiences.
- Pringle Of Scotland: Robert Pringle built his empire from an underwear company back in the 1800s and 140 years later, owns a royal warrant.
A heritage luxury fashion house, Pringle of Scotland is known for their vintage clothing style knitwear, epitomized by classic Scottish argyle designs on everything from socks to sweaters.
Beyond the heritage brands listed above, there are other British icons in the fashion industry that are perfect sources of high-quality vintage clothing, including:
- Universal Works: started as a DIY experiment by David Keyte, this is now a cultish fave that spins mens retro shirts UK style from the 1970s into wearable fashion for today.
This is an innovate, youthful brand known for its cutting-edge style and pushing the envelope on trends, so check them out for a fashion-forward spin on vintage men clothing.
- Grenson: another fashion-forward player on the branding and design stage of men’s footwear, Grenson has affordable shoe choices made in India under their G:One and G:Zero labels.
Although reasonably priced, they still offer value for money with technologies like Goodyear welding and the Triple Welt technique, giving their shoes stand-out design and dependable durability.
Perfect for pairing with your of-the-moment vintage clothing inspired outfits.
- Clarks: also known for their high-class shoes and boots, Clarks has everything you could need to finish the look of your mens retro shirts UK style from desert-style combat boots, to suede ankle boots and even Drake’s OVO smart-casual spins on dress shoes.
- Dunhill: finish your vintage clothing look with some classic accessories from Dunhill, who offer everything from bespoke tailoring to wallets, belts, smoking accessories, hats and even bespoke tailoring services to customize your mens retro shirts UK
These are just some of the vintage clothing accessories brand names to explore when putting together your classic mens retro shirts UK outfit.
More UK brands
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Well, here are more choices of top Brit brands for your vintage men outfits:
- Barbour: with 123 years of clothing excellence to their name, Barbour remains a bastion of British style. A perfect place to find mens retro shirts UK style, made locally in England, and paired with their iconic wax jackets for that polished look.
Known for these wax jackets which are all handmade, global icons like Daniel Craig, Steve McQueen and Alex Turner have all been seen in them.
Turnbull & Asser
- Turnbull & Asser: picture Sean Connery, Robert Redford and Price Charles in classic mens retro shirts UK style and you are probably seeing them in Turnbull & Asser vintage clothing.
This renowned maker of mens retro shirts UK style received their first royal warrant in the 1980s and are known for their classic button-down shirts that never go out of style.
Fabricated from materials sourced from Italy, these mens retro shirts UK style are cut and hand stitched in England, embellished with miniature Union Jack flags marking them as unique, one-of-a-kind investment pieces.
- Reebok: a relatively youthful British brand now based in America, Reebok was founded in England in the 1950s as a shoe company. Pair their vintage clothingaccessories with your mens retro shirts UK style for a fresh take on throwback fashion.
- Reiss: what started out in the 1970s as a vintage men clothing store in London has now grown into a modern retailer of happening and hip clothing, favoured by everyone from punk rockers to business men on Bond Street.
This high-end high street fashion house offers a wide range of mens retro shirts UK style in both casual wear as well as formal dressing options.
- Thom Sweeney: a fashion disrupter, Thom Sweeney offers you modern versions of mens retro shirts UK style, done in their own special way with Italian tailoring flair.
An upstart in the fashion world, Thom Sweeney is now a top influencer of both vintage men and modern men style trends.
They offer custom-made bespoke fashion collections designed to last decades with timeless appeal and structured style.
In addition to these highly respected, heritage fashion houses that continue to offer both mens retro shirts UK style as well as modern spins on throwback fashion, there are even more British brands with their own unique style personas to choose from. Read on for more:
Private White V.C
- Private White V.C.: this fashion retailer stands out from the crowd for using locally-sourced fabrics, trimmings and linings to make high-quality mens retro shirts UK style with a utilitarian look and feel.
- Oliver Spencer: this eponymous fashion brand has its roots in recycled clothing. Known for its top quality yet easy-to-wear and very comfortable styling, you are going to find mens retro shirts UK style constructed with loose fits and timeless design here.
- Mulberry: a leather goods giant in the fashion industry, Mulberry’s bags and other accessories make the perfect complement to your mens retro shirts UK
With everything from weekend bags to belts, wallets and hats, find those quintessentially British finishing touches to your vintage clothing look here.
- Paul Smith: another eponymous brand, Sir Paul Smith created this clothing empire with his “classic with a twist” vision. His mens retro shirts UK style look as appropriate in the boardroom as on the boardwalk.
- Belstaff: supplier of capes and tents to the British military in a bygone age, Belstaff has evolved into a leader in outer wear, with its jackets being prized by such celebrities as Steve McQueen, David Beckham and even a pope.
Pair your Belstaff weather-proof jacket with your mens retro shirts UK style for a cool yet practical look that will take you from any outdoor event to a night out on the town.
- Alexander McQueen: this global designer made his mark on Savile Row all the way to the fashion catwalks of Paris and beyond. No longer with us, his brand and styling continue on as a timeless tradition in his fashion house.
Find modern versions of vintage clothing with gothic flair yet timeless essence from the designers who inherited his mantle. Expect to see a combination of good style and good taste in the mens retro shirts UK style from this fashion house.
- Kilgour: although considered a heritage fashion brand, Kilgour offers a very modern and minimalistic aesthetic in its versions of mens retro shirts UK
With streamlined silhouettes, collar-less mens retro shirts UK style and fashion options ranging from bespoke suits to ready-to-wear collections, you can find anything you are looking for at this fashion house.
- Topman: the purveyor of cutting-edge fashion and style, look for very of-the-moment spins on mens retro shirts UK style from Topman.
With its global retail footprint and trendsetting collections, Topman is your place to go for modern versions of vintage men clothing options.
There are many other British brands and fashion sources to choose from but this curation gives you the cream of the crop to choose from when sourcing your mens retro shirts UK style, whatever your taste runs to.
You can be sure that anything you buy from these top brands will last for years and remain classic and timeless and go perfectly with your throwback yet trendy mash up.