Celebrity Vintage StyleAugust 13, 2014
Celebrity fashion and vintage style has always inspired generations of men and women and determines what’s hot or not in todays fashion culture. Designers may want to dress them in their latest collections but many celebrities have their own signature style especially those who love vintage clothing and the vintage lifestyle.
Vintage clothing is the inspiration behind many well-known celebrity looks and styles and we take a look at five gorgeous celebrity ladies who have nailed the vintage look.
Top 5 celebrity vintage style inspirations
1. Dita Von Teese – famed for her burlesque routines and glamorous vintage look, Dita Von Teese is an ultimate vintage inspired style icon. Her iconic look including perfect porcelain skin, glossy red pout and Hollywood curls create sexy vintage siren style. Dita famously wears super skin-tight 50’s style wiggle dresses and killer heels and is always seen sporting vintage inspired clothing and accessories.
2. Paloma Faith – this famous singer has renowned quirky dress style and takes her inspirations from forties Hollywood pin-up glamour. Her style icons include Marilyn Munroe, Grace Jones and Marlene Dietrich and she loves to mix and match style to suit her vivacious personality.
3. Lana Del Ray – another pop sensation who oozes style is pop princess Lana Del Ray, her vintage clothing is inspired by 60’s chic and Hollywood glamour. Her vintage look transforms her from retro soul sister to sophisticated red carpet glamour with ease.
4. Taylor Swift – the sweet ‘girl next door’ songstress creates cute vintage style inspirations with her delicate, pretty vintage dresses and on trend vintage prints. Taylor Swift elegantly carries off vintage clothing from twenties style through to seventies boho chic.
5. Alexa Chung – our favourite TV personality who oozes retro style is Alexa Chung. Her style is unique and individual and Alexa creates twists on modern clothing with vintage accessories and designer vintage inspirations. Alexa always creates the ultimate bohemian style at well-known festivals and celebrity parties.
Vintage style has become a popular choice for celebrities who want to create a unique and inspiring look and style. Some choose to embrace go all vintage and others create fabulous modern twists with vintage accessories and handbags. Vintage gives the wearer ultimate choice in how to style and create a look for an iconic style steal or to completely create your own individual look.
Images: Flickr Creative Commons
Paloma Faith – this famous singer has renowned quirky style
Taylor Swift – the sweet ‘girl next door’ songstress creates cute inspiration